In accordance with the governor’s office social distancing guidelines, Mentors for Youth is extending the no in-person meetings until June 1st, 2020. We will continue to assess the situation locally to ensure the health and safety of our mentors, mentees and families enrolled in Mentors for Youth.
Mentors for Youth staff will continue to be here for you if you have any questions, or if you need advice on how to talk to your youth during this time. Also please visit our resource page for recommended reading material.We recognize that this is not the same as in-person contact, but we appreciate how creative everyone has been and how diligently you have remained connected during Covid-19.
When in-person meetings do resume, it will be up to each match to determine their level of comfort.
We do, however, ask for all matches to follow these guidelines:
• Avoid contact with people who are sick.
• Maintain social distancing practices. Put 6 feet distance between you and others.
• Do not gather in groups.
• Stay out of crowded places and mass gatherings.
• Wear personal protection equipment (mask) if deemed necessary by all parties.
Before the meeting we ask for all mentors, mentees and parent/guardian check the following:
• Check temperature to make sure no one is running a fever.
• If anyone has shortness of breath, cough, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell.
IF ANYONE HAS ANY OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED SYMPTOMS PLEASE REFRAIN FROM MEETING IN-PERSON, THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE IN THE PROGRAM.
Also we want to take this opportunity to let all of our mentors, families and donors that we are so grateful for the support you have provided over the years. Our organization is strong and we will continue to serve our youth by providing distant & virtual mentoring during these difficult times.
We hope you, your family & colleagues stay well during this pandemic and that you continue to be the difference, be the change and be the good.
Mentors for Youth Staff and Board.